What is the DISA course offered by ICAI?
DISA is a Post Qualification course offered by the Institute of Chartered Accountants of India (ICAI). After becoming a Chartered accountant (CA), any member can apply for this course and after passing AT Exam get the Certificate of ISA (Information System Audit).
DISA and ISA courses are the same things ever before or Now many CA students and CA’s are states it as a “DISA Course” which means “Diploma in Information system Audit”. Once ICAI said DISA is not a Diploma it is a Certification Course and after that “D” is removed and it is made up “ISA- Information system Audit”. So, “DISA” or “ISA” is the same course offered by the ICAI.
With the new challenges threatening the traditional domain, the council of the Institute commissioning the ISA course – is not just coping with the demands of IT dynamics. It also seeks to leverage technology to enhance the professional skills of its members. This course prepares members to offer value-added services of Information Systems Audit, which are in increasing demand.
What is the scheme of the DISA course?
1. DISA Course Fees Structure?
- If you want in Physical mode then Fees will be Rs. 14,000/-
- if you want in virtual mode then Fees will be Rs. 10,000/-
Note:- Payment of fee is subject to cancellation charges i.e. 10% of gross fee paid, in case the cancellation request is placed by the participant before starting of batch.
2. DISA Course Classes Structure?
- DISA Course has two types of batches Virtual Mode or Physical Mode.
- Virtual batches comprise 18 days of Professional Training (PT) sessions.
- whereas, Physical weekend batches comprise 12 days of Professional Training sessions.
- The minimum attendance required to successfully complete ISA PT is 90%.
- DISA 3.0 Has 13 chapters or modules.
- DISA PT batch can only be applied after clearing E-learning Assessment Test. (described below).
Note:- DISA , DISA 1.0, DISA 2.0, DISA 3.0 all are the same course these are the only Batch Name.
3. DISA Course Exam & Test Structure?
In DISA/ISA course there is a total of 4 Levels of Exams & tests. Here we are describing each Level with Test and Exam clearly:-
Level 1 :- E-learning Assessment Test (30 Marks):-
- This is the First Test required to Pass for entering in DISA course (This Test is Like an HR round where you have to provides an overview of the basics of Computer Hardware, Software, and Networking.) after that you can take the Actual DISA Course classes(Professional Training).
- This test enables after completed 8 lectures of ISA course 3.0 E-learning.
- Unit- 1: INTRODUCTION TO COMPUTER HARDWARE AND SOFTWARE
- Unit- 2: SYSTEMS SOFTWARE
- Unit- 3: DATABASE AND DATABASE MANAGEMENT SYSTEMS
- Unit- 4: HARDWARE SOFTWARE DEPLOYMENT STRATEGIES
- Unit- 5: INTRODUCTION TO COMPUTER NETWORKS
- Unit- 6: NETWORKS STANDARDS AND PROTOCOLS
- Unit- 7: SECURING NETWORKS
- Unit- 8: CRYPTOGRAPHY AND PKI
- Unit- 9: E-Learning Assessment
- This Test is for 30 MCQ-type questions of 1 number each and
- This Test is 30 Marks and you are required to score 10 numbers for passing this Test.
- This Test is only accessed after making payment for the DISA course.
- These Tests are the pre-requisites for attending the PT classes.
- This level is the same for Virtual Mode or Physical Mode.
Level 2 :- Class Test and Project Work (80 Marks):-
- Class Test is conducted during the PT classes.
- Class Test is conducted on weekly basis.
- Total 3 class tests are being conducted of 20 marks each.
- Class Test Includes MCQ Question with No negative Marking.
- During the PT Batch 1 Project Work of 10 Marks and 1 Viva of 10 Marks also conducted.
- Out of the Total 80 Marks, you must get a minimum of 60% i.e 48 Marks for passing that level.
- This Level is basically related to the classes provide during the PT Batch.
- Please note that as per the present guidelines there is no provision for re-test, therefore you are requested to ensure to be present for all the module tests during your professional training classes.
- These tests are conducted Online on the ICAI DISA portal.
Level 3:- Eligibility Test (ISA ET) -100 Marks
- Candidates who successfully complete their ISA PT Classes can appear for ISA Eligibility Test (ET).
- Currently, ET organized on a half-yearly basis in May and November Month.
- ET Test is conducted Online on the ICAI DISA Portal.
- ET Test has a qualifying requirement of 60%.
- ISA ET is 100 marks TEST of MCQ type Question With No negative Marking.
- Candidates enrolling for ISA ET for the first attempt are not required to pay any fees whereas, Rs. 500/- will be charged for all the subsequent attempts.
Level 4:- ISA Assessment Test (ISA AT)– 200 Marks
- The ISA AT is being conducted by the ICAI, Examination Department.
- ISA AT Currently organized on a half-yearly basis in the month of June & December Month.
- ISA AT has a qualifying requirement of 60% scaled marks.
- ISA AT is 200 marks EXAM Paper of MCQ type Question With No negative Marking.
- This is the Final Level of the DISA Course.
- ISA AT is conducted on the basis of EXAM notification of ICAI.
- ISA AT is currently organized only on OFFLINE Mode.
How to Register for the DISA course?
- Go to pqc.icai.org SIGN IN and the landing page will be Login.
- For a new user, you have to click the Sign-up button.
- As soon as you click the Sign-up button it will take you to Create Account page.
- Follow the prompts to fill out your profile information i.e. personal info, professional info, address, and upload a profile picture.
- Once you complete your profile you become eligible to apply for courses.
- Once the user is logged in, they can browse through different courses which are currently available through the Courses link.
- Registering for the course needs prior payment. Now you have to click on Apply now button for payment and
- Once the successful payment is done, the respective committee will approve the payment and then the course will get added to the User profile.
- As per DISA course criteria, users need to pass the E-learning Assessment test before they can select a batch for joining PT classes.
- Users can see a list of all upcoming batches for a course using Tab – “Forthcoming Batches”.
- Users can see their status for a particular course just under the Course name on the right or under the Course Information Tab for a detailed view.
Note:- for any further Query/Doubt you can comment on this article in comment section.
!!!!! Thanks !!!!!