Direct Support to Farmers & Rural Economy provided post COVID
• 3 crore farmers with agricultural loans of Rs 4.22 lakhs crore availed the benefit of 3 months loan moratorium
• Interest Subvention and Prompt Repayment Incentive on crop loans, due from 1 st March, extended
up to 31 st May, 2020
• 25 lakh new Kisan Credit Cards sanctioned with a loan limit of Rs 25 000 cr.
Liquidity Support to Farmers & Rural Economy provided post COVID
• 63 lakh loans of Rs 86 600 crore approved in Agriculture between 1. 3. 2020 to 30. 04. 2020
• Refinancing of Rs 29 500 crore provided by NABARD, to Cooperative Banks Regional Rural Banks in March, 2020
• Support of Rs 4 200 crore provided under Rural Infrastructure Development Fund to States during March, 2020 for rural infrastructure
• Working capital limit of Rs 6 700 crore sanctioned for procurement of agriculture produce to State Government entities since March,2020
MGNREGS support to returning Migrants
• 14.62 crore person-days of work generated till 13 th May 2020
• Actual Expenditure to date is around Rs. 10,000 Cr
• Work offered to 2.33 Crore wage seekers yesterday in 1.87 Lac Gram Panchayats
• 40 50% more persons enrolled, compared to May last year
• Average wage rate rose to Rs. 202 from Rs. 182 in last FY
• Drive being undertaken to enroll returning migrants
• States/UTs advised to provide works to migrant workers as per the provisions of the Act
• Planning for continuing MNREGA works in Monsoon as well: plantations, horticulture, livestock-related sheds
Technology Systems to be used enabling Migrants to access Public Distribution System (Ration) from any Fair Price Shop in India by March 2021 One Nation One Ration Card
• Migrant families are not able to access food in other states.
• This scheme will enable a migrant beneficiary to access the Public Distribution System from any Fair Price Shop in the country (Intra State portability introduced in 20 States).
• Part of the PM s Technology-Driven System Reforms.
• 67 crore beneficiaries in 23 states covering 83 of the PDS population will be covered by national portability by August, 2020.
• 100 National portability will be achieved by March 2021.
• All the States/UTs will complete full FPS automation by March 2021.
Affordable Rental Housing Complexes ( for Migrant Workers / Urban Poor
Migrant labour /urban poor face challenges in getting houses at affordable rent
Government will launch a scheme under PMAY for migrant labor/urban poor to provide ease of living at affordable rent by,
I. Converting government-funded housing in the cities into Affordable Rental Housing Complexes ( under PPP mode through concessionaire
ii. Incentivizing manufacturing units, industries, institutions, associations to develop Affordable Rental Housing Complexes ( on their private land and operate and
iii. Incentivizing State Government Agencies Central Government Organizations on the similar lines to develop Affordable Rental Housing Complexes ( and operate.
Ministry will issue detailed guidelines.
Rs 2 lakh crore Concessional credit boost to 2.5 crore farmers through Kisan Credit Cards
• Special drive to be undertaken to provide concessional credit to PM KISAN beneficiaries through Kisan Credit Cards.
• Fishermen and Animal Husbandry farmers will also be included in this drive.
• This will enable such farmers to gain access to institutional credit at concessional interest rate.
• 2.5 crore farmers will be covered and will benefit from credit flow of about Rs 2 lakh crores.