What is ICAI Digi Locker facility for Students and Members?
The Institute of Chartered Accountants of India (ICAI) through its Members & Students Services Directorate is taking various initiatives with prime objective to provide best services to its members & students.
Now that time ICAI is taken one more path breaking initiative for promoting e-governance, launched the Digi-Locker facility for its members and students during the Virtual International Conference 2020.
“Accessing documents and certificates of ICAI using the Digi -Locker- facility will eliminate the need of carrying physical documents. Promoting e-governance, not only storage, it also provides ready accessibility to issuers online in times of need.“
What is Digi-Locker?
DigiLocker is a flagship initiative of Ministry of Electronics & IT (MeitY) under Digital India Corporation (DIC). DigiLocker aims at ‘Digital Empowerment’ of citizen by providing access to authentic digital documents to citizen’s digital document wallet. The issued documents in Digi Locker system are deemed to be at par with original physical documents as per Rule 9A of the Information Technology (Preservation and Retention of Information by Intermediaries providing Digital Locker facilities) Rules, 2016 notified on February 8, 2017 vide G.S.R. 711(E).
What is ICAI Digi Locker facility?
ICAI Digi-Locker facility aims at ‘Digital Empowerment’ of its members & students by providing access to authentic digital documents to their digital document wallet. The ICAI Digi-locker facility is an online cloud service of keeping all important documents of CA Members and CA students like, certificates of passing, Mark sheets, Membership certificates, Certificates of Practice(COP) & Members’ ID cards in safe and secure wallet of Government of India, through Ministry of IT.
ICAI has always supported and promoted various initiatives of the Government like Digi-Locker.
Measure Benefits of Digi Locker to Members and Students?
- Access to Important Documents Anytime, Anywhere!
- Authentic Documents, Legally at Par with Originals.
- Digital Document Exchange with the consent of Members.
- Faster Service Delivery – Government Benefits, Employment, Financial Inclusion, Education, Health.
Benefits of Digi Locker to ICAI?
- Reduced Administrative Overhead: Aimed at the concept of paperless governance. It reduces the administrative overhead by minimizing the use of paper and curtailing the verification process.
- Digital Transformation: Provides trusted issued documents. Issued Documents available via Digi-Locker are fetched in real-time directly from the issuing agency.
- Secure Document Gateway: Acts as a secure document exchange platform like payment gateway between trusted issuer and trusted Requester/Verifier with the consent of the Members.
- Real Time Verification: Provides a verification module enabling Government agencies to verify data directly from issuers after obtaining user consent.
How I can sign up for Digi Locker?
Signing up for DigiLocker is easy – all you need is your mobile or Aadhaar number.
Your mobile/Aadhaar number will be authenticated by sending an OTP (one-time password) followed by setting your security PIN for 2-Factor authentication. This will create your DigiLocker account.
!!!!!! Thank You !!!!!